A Nephrologist in Noida and has an experience of 14 years in this field.Book Appointment
• Dr. Kaushik has completed his higher medical training in the United Kingdom. He completed his post-graduation (MRCP) in Internal medicine in 2008. Subsequently, he started his career in the field of Nephrology and Transplantation.
• Dr. Kaushik has trained in nephrology under University College, London partner institutes. For a majority of his career, he has worked at Royal London Hospital, which is one of the biggest nephrology units in Europe. The unit performed approximately 200 renal transplants per year. The dialysis programme at the unit consisted of approximately 1000 patients undergoing maintenance haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis on a regular basis.
• Dr. Kaushik is competent in managing all aspects of kidney diseases in the accordance of latest evidence-based medicine.
• He has attained extensive experience in transplantation including complex high-risk renal transplantation; ABO incompatible transplantation; assessment of patients before transplantation and follow up after kidney transplantation.
He is experienced in looking after a patient on maintenance haemodialysis while being constantly aware of challenges faced by chronic kidney disease patients in everyday life. Dr. Kaushik also has a special interest in providing peritoneal dialysis, particularly in patients with advanced heart failure.
Area of Expertise
• Temporary haemodialysis catheter placement
• Tunnelled (long-term) haemodialysis catheter placement (Permcath)
• Medical peritoneal dialysis catheter placement
• Native Kidney biopsy
• Transplant Kidney biopsy
• Dr. Kaushik is affiliated with Queen Mary University, London for his research work. All his research has been dedicated to improving anaemia management and cardiovascular outcomes in patients on haemodialysis. Dr. Kaushik has trained under and worked with few of the greatest clinicians and researchers in the field of nephrology in the United Kingdom. He has also used and optimized usage of novel techniques of imaging such as PET CT scans in Chronic kidney disease patients.
• His research studies have resulted in improvement in patient care provision and formed the basis of future research.
• After 14 years of successful career in the UK, Dr. Kaushik has returned to India to serve his country in the best way possible. There was no better place to start than with Narayana Health.